What do you need?
- Baccalaureate Degree - In microbiology, molecular biology, biology, chemistry, or other related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or Greater - In the last 60 credit hours of course work.
- Transcripts - One unofficial transcript required at time of application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation - The letters should be submitted online by all references. Instructions are available through the online application system.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of Publications - Provide all papers that you have authored or co-authored.
- List of Presentations - We want to know about all presentations you have given and where they were given.
- Statement of Intent - Tell your experiences, strengths, and future plans. This will be requested in the online application.
- Application Fee - $50
The GRE is no longer required for admission in the MMBio graduate program
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR ARE DUE ON JANUARY 15th
In addition to the list above, the following items are required for international students:
- Form I-2 (if using a sponsor) - Financial Certification Form, found in the online application.
- Credential Evaluation - Required as part of the application process. For degrees awarded outside the USA, all official transcripts, diplomas, and marksheets must be submitted to the International Education Research Foundation (IERF) or SpanTran for evaluation.
- Language Test - Students whose native language is not English must pass either the IELTS or TOEFL English proficiency exams. These tests can be scheduled and paid for at www.ielts.org or www.toefl.org.
For non-native English speakers, the minimum scores required by BYU are:
Overall band score of 7 - Listening: minimum score of 6, Reading: minimum score of 6, Writing: minimum score of 6, and Speaking: minimum score of 6.
TOEFL CBT (computer-based): 237, or TOEFL PBT (paper-based): 580, or TOEFL iBT (internet-based): 85 and Reading: minimum score of 21, Listening: minimum score of 21, Writing: minimum score of 21, and Speaking: minimum score of 22.