This website is intended to help you learn about how you can find the perfect career and prepare yourself for that career. It seeks to connect students with essential information and helpful campus resources. Click on the links above to find out more about each step of the process. None of the steps are compartmentalized but build on each other and should each be done continuously. If you have any questions, please email us or stop by the Student Services Office in 2060 LSB.
MMBio Internship Office
Brigham Young University
4010 LSBProvo, UT 84602
Careers in Microbiology
Here are just a few positions that some of our microbiology graduates are working in:
- Microbiologist at Edwards Life Sciences
- Registered Nurse
- CEO of King Abdulla Univeresity Hospital
- Dean of Yarmouk University Medical School
- BYU Professor
- Microbiology Lab Supervisor
Careers in Molecular Biology
Molecular Biologists seek to explain life processes at the sub-cellular and molecular level. Study molecular genetics, including gene cloning, sequencing and mapping.
Here are a few positions that some of our microbiology graduates are working in:
- Dermatology Fellow at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Validation Enginer at Myraid Genetics
- R&D Scientest at ARUP Laboratories
- Assistant Professor at Louisiana State
- Genetic Counselor
The average salary of a molecular biologist can be found here.
Careers in Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Scientists are health care professionals who conduct special diagnostic tests in a lab.
Here are a few positions that some of our medical laboratory science graduates are working in:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Central Utah Clinic
- Physician's Assistant in Anesthesiology & Interventional Pain Management
- Operations Manager at Interpath Laboratory
The average salary of a medical laboratory scientist can be found here.
Graduate School Opportunities
A degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Medical Laboratory Science can open doors to you that you might not have even considered before. Here are a few career options that could be achieved after post-graduate studies and an MMBio Bachelor's Degree:
- Forensic Criminologist
- Physician's Assistant
- Research Scientist
Click on any of the occupations above to see statistical information. View BYU's MMBio Graduate Programs.