Check out some of the amazing Scholarships available to our MMBio Students!
Student are strongly encouraged to apply for university scholarships. To apply please first visit https://financialaid.byu.edu/applying-for-scholarships and fill out a university scholarship application.
For MMBIO departmental scholarships please apply via the follwing link by March 15th "Submit MMBIO Application."
MMBio departmental scholarships 2019.
To be considered for these scholarships students must apply between now and March 15th, 2019.
Six different Microbiology and Molecular Biology Department, scholarships are available. The guidelines for awarding some scholarships are very general in nature. The guidelines for distributing other scholarship monies are highly targeted to students pursuing very specify interests. Please read the description of each scholarship carefully to make sure you qualify.
- Thomas Myers Scholarship. Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Microbiology or related field are eligible.
- Ekeroth Scholarship. Juniors and seniors in Microbiology are eligible.
- Sagers Scholarship. Juniors and seniors in Microbiology and Molecular Biology are eligible.
- Johnson Scholarship. This scholarship has been set up specifically “For the purpose of supporting research and scientific investigation in the area of virus infections, discover methods to prevent Aleutian disease in mink, investigate the nature of human viral infections, and methods of control and prevention.”
- Chen Scholarship. This scholarship has specific requirements: Juniors and seniors are eligible (graduate students may also apply). This scholarship is intended for students studying nutritional immunology. Microbiology and Molecular Biology majors may apply. Student must have a 3.3 or higher GPA. If there are insufficient, qualified applicants whose research is in the area of nutritional immunology, awards may be made for selected students engaged in other immunology or nutrition associated research. Those receiving awards shall be eligible for awards in more than one academic year. No more than a total of four semesters.
- Anderson-Young. For one or more selected students who are pursuing a degree in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) and having been accepted into the MLS Program.
For department scholarships, students must be enrolled as an MMBio student.
Students applying for departmental scholarships are strongly encouraged to FIRST seek funding through the University and College (Link at the top of page). Students having first applied for scholarships through the general university system will be given priority for departmental scholarships.
Qualified students who do not have a full tuition scholarship (from University, College or other sources) will be eligible for the departmental scholarships described above. Students receiving partial funding through other scholarships, such as half tuition scholarships, are eligible for additional funding (not to exceed the cost of full tuition) through departmental scholarships.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to use these funds to assist students in gaining an education while at BYU. We hope that MMBio students, who benefit from the sacrifice and kindness of these donors, will commit themselves to a life of service.